|Journal for 31-Jul-2003 : Georgetown|
- More single track riding, which is quite challenging. One some (but by no means all) of the dangerous bits are full width bitumen the traffic seems ridiculously light. On the single track it seems like Pitt St.
- Six thorns and one puncture in the first 20km.
- Tough climbing over the Newcastle Range, but brilliant descending.
- Country very pretty, if not quite as red. Now in Sandstone country. Lots more animal life around, and lots of birds too.
- Early stop to the day at Georgetown, quite picturesque buildings. The town sits by the sandy bed of dry the Etheridge river.
<< Prev - Next >>