|Journal for 7-Sep-2003 : Fitzroy Crossing+153|
Earlyish start, leaving Fitzroy Crossing half an hour after dawn.
- Lots of Holly Grevillia scrub, not flowering this time of year (bummer).
- Slow gentle climbing 45ks to Windjana Gorge turnoff.
- No wind till 9:00am today, covered 55ks before westerly picked up (bummer).
- 41 roadtrains passed us today.
- Met Peter, driving a 4 wheel drive sedan who gave us frozen tomato juice.
- Erskin Range visible for 10kms, and clearly from a shitty boab rest area.
- Hot night.
- Found a nice hairline crack in my rear rim. Hope it lasts the remaining 2200km to Perth.
<< Prev - Next >>